An interesting discussion paper on biofuel revealing that implementation of biofuel generates a welfare gain in the presence of the current favourable taxation of electric cars.
In contrary, the implementation would generates a welfare loss when the tax rate on purchase of electric cars is increased to the average tax rate on purchase of diesel powered cars.
As we heard, the biofuel implementation has been discussed for years:
- Biofuel and job recession?
- Financial crisis and biofuel market
- The chance of advanced biofuel technology
- Biofuel, food production and land-use change
- Fly with biofuel
- Alternative source of biofuel
The study was taken in Norway and published by Statistics Norway, Research Department.
Find the paper here: