What is deforestation? Deforestation is known as one of the cause of global warming. However, people are understanding deforestation in various ways. Here a list of statement refering to deforestation.
- Deforestation is the clearance of naturally occurring forests by the processes of humans’ logging and/or burning of trees in a forested area —Wikipedia
- The cutting down and removal of all or most of the trees in a forested area. —The Free Dictionary
- Clearing of virgin forests, or intentional destruction or removal of trees and other vegetation for agricultural, commercial, housing, or firewood use without replanting (reforesting) and without allowing time for the forest to regenerate itself —Business Dictionary
- The action or process of clearing of forests; also: the state of having been cleared of forests —Merriam Webster Online
- Those practices or processes that result in the change of forested lands to non-forest uses —California Climate Change Portal
- The permanent conversion of areas fulfilling the definition of forest in terms of minimum forest area to areas not fulfilling the definition of forest as a consequence of direct human influence —Switzerland’s report for UNFCCC
- The direct human-induced conversion of forested land to non-forested land (such as agriculture). –Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) of New Zealand