Having reading Goddard’s article on Watts Up With That? then I begin to explore the relevant events on tropical country such Indonesia.
Goddard’s highlights on the recent early spring information, weather and its maps and some other claims. By the way, do you still remember on the great book of Silet Spring? This book was credited as 100 books that changed the world. Discovers Magazine named the books as 25 great science books all the time. Thanks to the author, Rachel Carson, facilitated people alerting on the danger of chemical on the ecosystems.
Silent spring showed uncarefull material usage affected the birds reproduction and thus changed their population. In the bigger case, the material related to green house gases are heating the earth and thus changes the world climate.
Below are the claims on the effects of climate change on Indonesia:
- Indonesia lost hundreds small islands as the rising of sea level
- Big flood in the middle of drought season in Kalimantan and Sumatera, June 2006.
- The increase causes of mosquitoes related disease
- Feb. 3, 1958: Silent Spring Seeks Its Voice (wired.com)
- Many bird populations in trouble, report says (cnn.com)
- Sea Levels Rising Faster Than Predicted (outsidethebeltway.com)