My understanding on world’s changes has been enriched by Gapminder who provides fascinating animation of various facts. Gapminder presents the facts with animated bubble reflecting time series numbers such world’s population, world’s oil reserve, familiy number and length of life.
There’s a fact that some people always confused by table and numbers. Presenting facts with fascinating instruments without reducing key massages seems a good way for institution and organization who want to meet their goals with good understanding of their audiences or customers.
Gapminder World has ability to present oil consumption and production of each countries from 1980 to 2007. Here the steps:
- Go to Gapminder World in Gapminder.org
- Choose Who has the most oil under Viem Examples
- Tick one country as you wise in the list on the right sidebar (let it blank if you wanna to see all countries)
- Click play button under the main chart
- You’ll see the moving of each colored bubbles presenting each countries. They move according to the amount of the oil production (y-bar) and oil consumption (x-bar).
- If the bubble move upward, the production is increase. So if they move to the right it’s presents their amount of oil consumption
I appreciate the effort of Gapminder providing this feature. They made it as non-profit effort and has no political agenda. Gapminder defines it self as:
…a non-profit venture promoting sustainable global development and achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by increased use and understanding of statistics and other information about social, economic and environmental development at local, national and global levels.